Sunday, February 16, 2014

Two Lumps


Tonight when I went to put Frankie down to bed, I asked the girls to stay in their room and read to each other quietly. Margot crawled under her covers and Ada laid down next to her on the unicorn Pillow Pet, declaring she would tell Margot a "Cheep Cheep" story. Cheep Cheep is a mischievous squirrel that Stephen has been relaying stories about for several years. He usually lays on the floor with his head on the purple unicorn and recounts whatever the little rascal has been up to. Ada was playing daddy tonight as daddy wasn't here for bedtime. 

When I returned from tucking Frankie in this is what I found. Twin lumps under Margot's comforter. This is not the first time this has happened, but it's the first time I am recording it here. No matter how many times it happens in the future, it will always make me pause for a moment and drink it in. 

No comments: